Pages

Friday 11 March 2016

Enjoy life

I am writing this after a long, exhausting week filled with blood, sweat and tears. (Literally.) I've been drowning in work, my monthly hell started, and my flu doesn't want to end. I got to cry out to my therapist as an end to the story, which was, as many of you probably know, very relieving.
Last weekend ended on a good note though. I felt so calm and at peace on Sunday. I actually didn't have any major homeworks to do, so I calmly spent half of my day reading a book and doing some colouring, drinking coffee, and eating the rest of my Valentine's Day chocolate I got from my beloved boyfriend. (Thank you <3). I was enjoying life.
This is something I've only recently started to do. All thanks to recovery. Before, I couldn't enjoy life. I lived in constant hunger, anxiety and pain- what joy can you find when living like this? The only joy I had was my family and my friends, but I didn't get to use this properly since I drew myself back from them. And also, I didn't realise that you can find joy in little things such as reading a book, laughing or having a nice cup of tea. But now I do. I tend to get joy from just having a good nap after school. I take joy from giving a smile and a nod to the person walking past me on the street. I get joy from the little walk I just had. When someone tells me they love my skirt, they've made my day. And also, I get joy from being able to get joy from these little things.
I'm not going to write a long post this time, cause I'm soon going to go get my good night's sleep (hopefully). So my message to you who's reading this: ENJOY YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST.









No comments:

Post a Comment